[rdfweb-dev] FOAF Properties Cardinality

Ian Davis iand at internetalchemy.org
Wed Mar 31 05:33:36 UTC 2004

Hi Laurent,

On Tuesday, March 30, 2004, 11:55:11 PM, Laurent Hausermann wrote:
> It won't be easy to design a Object model to manager FOAF File !
> Do you consider that if an application (mine ;) reject a
> foaf:person with two names, it will be a
> Foaf specification violation ?
Yes that's definitely a violation of the spirit of FOAF. If your
application only handles a single name then you have to decide some
scheme to pick one. The only reliable way is to ask the submitter of
the FOAF to pick one.

If you're building a foaf:Person class then I'd recommend that you
model the properties as collections or lists. Even if there is only
one instance of a property you should put it in a collection. Then
write all your client classes to expect collections and deal with them
appropriately.

Ian

--
http://internetalchemy.org | http://purl.org/NET/iand