[rdfweb-dev] Standard Person Name components

Richard Lennox listserve at richardlennox.net
Wed May 5 10:55:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

Not really a FOAF question but as person names are an important part of FOA=
F perhaps some of you could point me in the direction of the information th=
at I require.

In my work for developing an RDF/XML data format for bibliographic data, in=
 part using FOAF I amtrying to split a persons naem into the relevant compo=
nents:  first, middle and last do not seem appropriate for multicultural us=
e - so given names and family names are my current choice.  however I am wo=
ndering if there are any set standards used in describing the components of=
 a name - eg is title (mr miss dr etc) standard in some form? Does anyone k=
now of any papers/standards/drafts anything that addresses this issue?

Thanks for your help

Richard