[rdfweb-dev] FOAF & Privacy

Marc Canter marc at canter.com
Sat May 8 17:02:48 UTC 2004

I really this each vendor has to bring their own understanding, insights
and code to this issue.

If we try and come up with THE way for privacy - we're locking ourselves
into one technique - and since there are SO MANY ways to get to privacy
- I say we stay agnostic - at least in so far as FOAF is concerned.

Now that doesn't mean that the encryption bit, the unique ID, the
sign-on handshake/juju - or whatever it is that triggers the privacy -
isn't inside of the FOAF file - just that FOAF should be thought of as a
standard object wrapper.  No more, no less.

IMHO

- Marc