Presence vocab Re: [rdfweb-dev] NotifyURI

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Tue May 11 16:20:38 UTC 2004

If folks are building a presence vocabulary, it might be worth ensuring
that there's no (semantic) conflict with IETF work in this area [1].  The
proposed IETF core presence format is pretty minimal, so I wouldn't expect
any problem in that area.

Also, for common elements, there are QNames in the XML form that might be
adopted directly to form URIrefs in the RDF form.

The Jabber folks are also working in the IETF, on the understanding that
their work will be compatible at some level with the IETF CPIM work (cf.
[2][3]).

#g
--

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-cpim-pidf-08.txt