Presence vocab Re: [rdfweb-dev] NotifyURI

Danny Ayers danny666 at virgilio.it
Tue May 11 19:41:28 UTC 2004

Graham Klyne wrote:

> If folks are building a presence vocabulary, it might be worth
> ensuring that there's no (semantic) conflict with IETF work in this
> area [1].  The proposed IETF core presence format is pretty minimal,
> so I wouldn't expect any problem in that area.
>
> Also, for common elements, there are QNames in the XML form that might
> be adopted directly to form URIrefs in the RDF form.
>
> The Jabber folks are also working in the IETF, on the understanding
> that their work will be compatible at some level with the IETF CPIM
> work (cf. [2][3]).

Thanks Graham.
I just remembered there's probably some related material around CC/PP as
well, though that's probably overkill for MeNow stuff.

So all this really needs is someone to volunteer to sift through the
existing material and draft something out that fits...how are you fixed,
Joel? ;-)

(I'll be happy to do this myself, time permitting, but I don't know much
about IM and Jabber)

Cheers,
Danny.

--