[rdfweb-dev] Semweb Software Updated

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Fri Nov 12 04:26:44 UTC 2004

Since I'm feeling a need to be productive lately (probably something to
do with a lack of productivity during actual working hours) I've been
working on cleaning up a lot of the code I've released, especially in
terms of semantic web toys.

With that in mind, I'm letting you all know about a couple things which
may be of importance to you.

1. Julie, the redlandbot, now has a homepage.
http://crschmidt.net/julie/ has information about the bot, as well as
metadata in the form of FOAF (about the :Agent that is julie) and DOAP
(about the actual project). This page will be growing as I become less
lazy.

2. FOAF viewer released. This Firefox extension acts in the exact same
way as the DOAP extension I released before. It is designed to fill the
gap left by stopping of development by Joel on the FOAFer plugin, which
although nifty, was not successful in a number of ways. This is a simple
plugin to simply sit in the corner of your browser and light up when it
finds FOAF in the page (via <link> tags).

I've also released a new version of my DOAP extension.

I've left the version of FOAFer at 1.0: it's literally almost a plain
find->replace of FOAF->DOAP from the DOAPer extension, which is
relatively well tested, so I have no problem labelling it as pretty safe
to use. If you do find problems, feel free to let me know.