[rdfweb-dev] Foaf-a matic (was: FOAF Website)

Oskar Welzl owelzl at pan.at
Sat Nov 20 16:28:44 UTC 2004

Bill,

> Frankly, if people want to play along with being identified (online) as
> individuals these days they really DO need to have their own e-mail
> accounts.  While it'd be nice to accomodate all sorts of edge-cases one does
> have to draw the line somewhere.

maybe I wasn't as clear as I could have been in my original post: it's
not that people don't *have* unique email addresses/homepages/chatIDs.
(well, sometimes they dont, but that's really not our point here.)
it's that they dont use them in every day life and that they probably
dont think of using them in a tool like foaf-a-matic (as long as the
user interface doesnt tell them to do so).

> But fundamentally it's just a much more sensible idea to tell them to use
> one account per-person.  Even if it's just a matter of using some freebie
> service like hotmail.

well, yes. that's what i was trying to say;-)
tell them! tell them in the GUI!