[rdfweb-dev] Re: New tool: BEAT.THE.FOAM v. 0.1

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:12:40 UTC 2004

Nice work!

I very much like the idea of FOAM, and "memetic profile" is sweet.

I also think it would be nice to drop the rdf:Bag, but note that it's
also used by del.icio.us themselves in their RSS feeds (example
below). But <foam:meme>tag</foam:meme> does have a certain elegance.

I'm not sure about the auto-generated mbox URIs as identifiers, I
guess it's still consistent with the IFP nature of mbox (they aren't
FPs), but smushing could prove tricky. Might be worth having a look at
the way Seth Ladd's been doing flickr data - another example below.

Being able to query over flickr and del.icio.us would be cool, the
tag=foam:meme approach sounds workable, but it might be useful to
somehow tie the tags in with other controlled vocabularies/taxonomies.
I'm not sure exactly how, but I bet SKOS would be useful somehow - I
really like what Morten's done for personal blog category tagging with
his FOAF Output plugin. What the heck, another example below...

Whatever you do, keep those Sparql examples coming - our kitten
appreciates them ;-)

Cheers,
Danny.

from http://del.icio.us/rss/danja

<item rdf:about="http://www.slackyon.org/#extractor">
<title>Extractor</title>
<link>http://www.slackyon.org/#extractor</link>

<description>Walks directories and generates RSS for every MP3
found.</description>
<dc:creator>danja</dc:creator>
<dc:date>2004-11-18T16:45Z</dc:date>
<dc:subject>podcasting rdf rss</dc:subject>
<taxo:topics>
  <rdf:Bag>
    <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/podcasting" />
    <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/rdf" />
    <rdf:li resource="http://del.icio.us/tag/rss" />
  </rdf:Bag>
</taxo:topics>
</item>

from http://auau.ehawaii.gov/~seth/flickr/rdf/member/13127522@N00

<foaf:Person>
  <foaf:nick>sethladd</foaf:nick>
  <foaf:name>Seth Ladd</foaf:name>
  <foaf:holdsAccount>
    <foaf:OnlineAccount rdf:about="http://www.flickr.com/people/13127522@N00">
      <foaf:accountServiceHomepage rdf:resource="http://www.flickr.com/" />
      <foaf:withOrganization rdf:nodeID="flickr" />
    </foaf:OnlineAccount>
  </foaf:holdsAccount>

from http://www.wasab.dk/morten/blog/archives/author/mortenf/skos.rdf

<ConceptScheme rdf:about="#scheme">
	<dc:title>Morten Frederiksen's Categories</dc:title>
	<dc:description>Concepts from the weblog "Binary Relations" based on
category usage by Morten Frederiksen</dc:description>
	<dc:creator>Morten Frederiksen</dc:creator>
</ConceptScheme>
<Concept rdf:about="#c30">
	<externalID>30</externalID>
	<prefLabel>Politics</prefLabel>