[rdfweb-dev] domain of foaf:interest

Morten Frederiksen mof-rdf at mfd-consult.dk
Mon Sep 27 15:58:20 UTC 2004

Hi James, all,

On Monday 27 September 2004 14:22, James Carlyle wrote:
> Just a small point - shouldn't rss:item have a property called foaf:page
> instead of foaf:topic which points to a foaf:Document? From the Foaf
> spec, foaf:Document is in the range of foaf:interest and foaf:page, and
> the domain (not the range) of foaf:topic is foaf:Document.
Right you are, wrong I was...

Fortunately, I misrepresented what I had actually done (well, I had another
error in there, but that was pointed out to me by Ian today [1]), so what I
actually have is this [2]:

rss:item
	topic
		(Something)
			dc:title
			page
				Document (X)

Which, even if not exactly what you propose, should be OK (see also Ian's
excellent writeup on the matter), except perhaps for the dc:title property,
which perhaps should be rdfs:label or even foaf:name, as use of the Dublin
Core properties seems best suited for documents. Opinions welcome.

Sorry for the confusion.

[1]
http://www.wasab.dk/morten/blog/archives/2004/05/20/improving-rss-output-from-wordpress#comment-179
[2] http://www.wasab.dk/morten/blog/feed/rdf