[rdfweb-dev] Re: isPrimaryTopicOf and homepage

Jim Ley jim at jibbering.com
Tue Aug 2 10:00:38 UTC 2005

"Masahide Kanzaki" <post at kanzaki.com> wrote in
message news:11579.6028906063$1122651501 at news.gmane.org...
> But if a homepage is the 'page' that contains information about a person
> or
> organization etc.,

I think this would be a bad idea, homepage is one of the human readable
IFP's that exist, and the only one that many groups will have - they're
easily noticeable when wrong, unlike sha1sum's etc.  It shouldn't matter
what people have at their homepage, just that it is a homepage, and groups
and individuals should not be forced to create an information page just so
they can use homepage.

foaf:homepage should be as wide as possible to encompass as many different
interpretations as possible, as long as they're all IFP's to the
person/group it doesn't matter what's there.

> A quick search shows that many people use foaf:homepage for their sites'
> top page (as I do), while some others for their profile pages...

both should be reasonable uses I think.

Jim.