[rdfweb-dev] Wanted: Sample code for vcard to FOAF conversion

Julian Bond julian_bond at voidstar.com
Mon Aug 8 20:01:19 UTC 2005

Dan Brickley <danbri at w3.org> Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:02:23
>Julian Bond wrote:

>> I'm hearing of more and more people who are using Skype and have
>>dropped their other IM programs. Is it time for a foaf:skypeChatID ??
>
>I'd support that. Anything with that scale of usage is worth the price
>of a new property,
>I think. There's the question of whether they've a (proper) URI scheme,
>or plain string
>property is best. I lean towards using just the string...

At the moment they use callto:julian.bond or callto://julian.bond There
are rumours afoot that they will be adding other potential URLs eg
skype:+18005550000
skype:+18005550000/call
skype:echo123/call
skype:echo123/chat
skype:echo123
skype:echo123/voicemail
skype:user1;user2/chat (creates multichat)
skype:user1;user2/call (create conference call)
skype:echo123/add (add to contactlist; show authorization)
skype:echo123/sendfile (open sendfile dialog to skypename)

http://www.skypejournal.com/blog/archives/2005/08/skype_links_com.php

So yes, a simple string is probably best in the RDF and the UI can
convert that into whatever's needed.

--
Julian Bond E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com  M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
Webmaster:             http://www.ecademy.com/  T: +44 (0)192 0412 433