[rdfweb-dev] New Property Proposal: foaf:accountHomepage

Alex Stewart am2stewa at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 1 20:12:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 08:52:01PM +0000, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a new issue to the FOAF Wiki today describing a very
> simple proposal to extend the modelling of OnlineAccount to
> include a means to point to a users homepage on a service.
>
> See the issue page on the wiki for notes and a simple example:
>
> http://rdfweb.org/topic/OnlineAccountHomepageIssue

Why not just use

<foaf:Person>
  <foaf:holdsAccount>
    <foaf:OnlineAccount>
      <foaf:accountServiceHomepage rdf:resource="http://flickr.com"/>
      <foaf:accountName>ldodds</foaf:accountName>
      <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="http://flickr.com/people/ldodds/"/>
    </foaf:OnlineAccount>
  </foaf:holdsAccount>
</foaf:Person>

? Why doesn't foaf:homepage meet your needs? What other document would
be the homepage of an account?

Alex