[rdfweb-dev] FOAF spec updated, 'Pages about Things' Edition(2005-07-27); isPrimaryTopicOf; OWL-DL compatibility edits.

Masahide Kanzaki post at kanzaki.com
Thu Jul 28 04:12:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thanks for good job, Dan. I updated Japanese introduction page[1] accordingly.

I found some points to be checked in the schema:

- foaf:Person is not defined as subClassOf foaf:Agent (it should be).
- foaf:family_name has redundant domain
- foaf:myersBriggs is defined as ObjectProperty, but seems DatatypeProperty.
- foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf does not have type ObjectProperty (it's OK, but
better to align with other property descriptions)

I think vs:term_status of major terms should be 'stable' rather than
everlasting 'testing', e.g. knows, interest, depiction, weblog, nick,
topic, page, etc. (only Peson, mbox and homepage are marked 'stable' at
this moment)

btw. I'm not sure when linkedWith was dropped from the spec...

At 11:20 PM +0100 05.7.27, Dan Brickley wrote:
>I suggest we consider breaking out the bits that make DL unhappy,
>and put them in a separate RDF document that is rdfs:seeAlso linked from
>the
>FOAF namespace. I've drafted such a thing here:
>
>  http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/fullfoaf.rdf
>
>This complements the full RDFS/OWL definitions, which could be
>trimmed to be more DL-friendly.
>
>The core stuff is http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/index.rdf (also
>content-negotiable
>from the namespace URI).