[rdfweb-dev] isPrimaryTopicOf and homepage

Alex Stewart am2stewa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:21:55 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Masahide Kanzaki <post at kanzaki.com> wrote:
> Sorry for bothering many times. One question.
>
> FOAF 'Pages about Things' Edition defines that
> foaf:homepage rdfs:subPropertyOf foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf. (1)
>
> Now I have a homepage of my own, however it's not about me but about music,
> semantic web etc.
>
> If (1) holds, then
>
> [a foaf:Person;
>  foaf:name "Masahide Kanzaki";
>  foaf:homepage <http://www.kanzaki.com/> ] .
>
> implies
>
> <http://www.kanzaki.com/> foaf:primaryTopic [a foaf:Person; foaf:name
> "Masahide Kanzaki"] .
>
> which is not true.
>
> I guess foaf:homepage should not be a subPropertyOf foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf.
> How do you think ?

Ummm... I find it distasteful to tell you what your homepage is, but,
to me, <http://www.kanzaki.com/> does not look like your homepage.
Rather, it looks like a page that you've created. I say this because
<http://www.kanzaki.com/> (at least the English version) does not
contain any information about you, but rather it contains information
about Arts & Books, Japan, and Metadata & the Sematic Web. In other
words, I would say

[a foaf:Person;
foaf:name "Masahide Kanzaki";
foaf:homepage <http://www.kanzaki.com/> ] .