[rdfweb-dev] isPrimaryTopicOf and homepage

Masahide Kanzaki post at kanzaki.com
Fri Jul 29 15:29:12 UTC 2005

Hi Alex, thanks for your comment.

At 9:21 AM -0400 05.7.29, Alex Stewart wrote:
>Rather, it looks like a page that you've created. I say this because
><http://www.kanzaki.com/> (at least the English version) does not
>contain any information about you, but rather it contains information
>about Arts & Books, Japan, and Metadata & the Sematic Web.

Hmmm... there are several definitions on what is 'homepge', actually. Well,
FOAF spec says 'as such one might look to a homepage for information on its
owner from its owner', indeed. Same as what you pointed out.

But if a homepage is the 'page' that contains information about a person or
organization etc., then the homepage of W3C is
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/ rather than http://www.w3.org/... right ? As
such, I have my personal information page in my site, so should I write as
bellow ?

[a foaf:Person; foaf:name "Masahide Kanzaki";
 foaf:homepage <http://www.kanzaki.com/info/who> ] .

I've thought common meaning of 'homepage' was the entry page of one's
website (or site itself). I have my website that contains documents on what
I'm doing, and whose entry page is http://www.kanzaki.com/, so I thought it
was my homepage.

A quick search shows that many people use foaf:homepage for their sites'
top page (as I do), while some others for their profile pages...

I'm really not sure..

--
KANZAKI, Masahide a.k.a. masaka
http://www.kanzaki.com/info/webwho.rdf