[rdfweb-dev] isPrimaryTopicOf and homepage

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Sat Jul 30 09:27:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Masahide Kanzaki wrote:

> At 5:15 PM +0100 05.7.29, Jan Grant wrote:
> >And if you buy that then I've a coherent definition of "homepage" -
> >
> >A homepage of an entity X, is the content (not the URL) available (in
> >whatever form, and possibly that content is variable) by dereferencing
> >a URL that is used to denote X.
>
> If you get an HTML (or whatever) content by dereferencing an URI, then the
> URI identifies an information resource (a web page), not a person. And if
> you say the URI also identifies an entity X (person), it's just a URI
> collision as WebArch says.

That's not what WebArch says: dereferencing a URI returns a
(partial) representation (or a description, as TBL put it) of the
resource referenced. If I claim "I am the resource referenced by
http://ioctl.org/jan/" then that works fine. You point your browser at
that, you're going to get a (very partial) description of me.

Tel +44 (0)117 9287088 or 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/
and Nostradamus never dreamed of the Church of the Accellerated Worm