[rdfweb-dev] Integrating SIOC and FOAF

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:29:36 UTC 2005

On 10/8/05, CaptSolo <captsolo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Some of main concepts in SIOC are equivalent or similar to concepts in
> FOAF. [ See the figure attached showing main concepts ]
>
>  Namely:
>  - sioc:User and foaf:Person

>  1) Subclass SIOC terms from FOAF terms
>  2) Use FOAF terms directly.
>  2.1) Use FOAF terms + define SIOC terms

>  3) Use both FOAF + SIOC
>  Can we make a resource subclass of sioc:User and foaf:Person at the same
> time?

If they *are* equivalent, I think a start would be to declare it in
the schema. It gets ugly with the OWL DL using owl:sameAs, for most
purposes owl:equivalentClass will do what's intended. If I remember
correctly-

sioc:User owl:equivalentClass foaf:Person .

is exactly the same as saying both:

sioc:User rdfs:subClassOf foaf:Person .
*and*
foaf:Person rdfs:subClassOf sioc:User .

> Is it correct to say that sioc:creator_of has domain of foaf:Person?

With the above, I think so.

I don't really have any good answer as to what to use in instance docs
though. Maybe life will get easier as and when more of the tools have
basic inference built in (RDFS+FP/IFP smushing)...

Cheers,
Danny.
--

http://dannyayers.com