[rdfweb-dev] Viewing foaf profile with Googlemaps

Alexandre Passant alex at passant.org
Sat Jan 14 14:51:36 UTC 2006

Hi Richard,

2006/1/14, Richard Cyganiak <richard at cyganiak.de>:
> Wow, very cool! Which properties does it use to locate people on the
> map? Does ist just put foaf:Persons on the map or also other
> resources that have locations?
At the moment it just puts foaf:Person(s) that are related to the main
foaf user with foaf:knows.
It uses geo:location, contact:nearestAirport and foaf:basedNear to
locate people, but it seems there is still a few bugs when retrieving
it.
That's the PHOAF lib that handles it (http://gna.org/projects/phoaf).

> I also got a couple of warnings with my FOAF file (http://
> richard.cyganiak.de/, which is valid):
>
> > Warning: RDFAPI error (class: parser): unknown rdf attribute:
> > about. in /var/www/apassant.net/foafmap/phoaf/phoaf/RdfAPI/syntax/
> > RdfParser.php on line 1097
> >
> > Warning: RDFAPI error (class: parser): only one element allowed
> > inside a property element. in /var/www/apassant.net/foafmap/phoaf/
> > phoaf/RdfAPI/syntax/RdfParser.php on line 1097
I think the error is not on your file, but on related files (as it
open each to retrieve location). I've just updated the tool to not
display warnings anymore when rdf is corrupted and to keep on parsing
other profiles. I'll soon put the ability to see what's wrong for each
foaf:knows (cannot open or cannot parse file)

Thanks for your feedback

Cheers,

Alex.