[foaf-dev] Adding FOAF support to mod_virgule (Advogato)

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Wed Jan 31 17:25:58 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 11:17, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
> I'm looking at adding FOAF support to mod_virgule <...>

I didn't get any feedback on this, but I took a shot at it anyway. I'm
exporting trust metric certifications as foaf:knows and the user's
projects as foaf:Project. Here's an example of what the output looks
like now:

 http://www.advogato.org/person/StevenRainwater/foaf.rdf

Hopefully I haven't screwed it up too badly. :)

I'm unsure of my project property implementation because every example I
found was completely different. Some wrapped each foaf:Project in a
foaf:currentProject, some wrapped foaf:currentProject in a foaf:Project.
In our case, the currentProject vs pastProject property doesn't have any
meaning, so I just left it out altogether.

The FOAF standard seems to suggest that I can put a foaf:homepage tag
inside of foaf:Project but when I ran my output through an RDF
validator, it complained that this wasn't allowed. Is there any sort of
official FOAF validator around?

-Steve