[foaf-dev] Re: ANN: int.ere.st is lauching!

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Thu Jul 19 11:31:24 BST 2007

Hi Kim,

This looks interesting :-), but it is not clear how one is meant to
use it.
I think you need to give a short use case for your web site somwhere.

Also it would probably be really helpful if you supported openid [1].
I am really tired of having to
create new accounts everywhere, so any web site that makes it easier
to register, makes it easier for me to use.

By the way, if you do install OpenId, it would be really useful if
you could link it with a foaf file. So every open id url needs to
have a link pointing to an a service that does the identification.
But if the service found a link to a foaf file in the header it could
use that to get the following:
    - an icon to display
    - a nickname to use by default
    - other information that a service may want to use

If you want to vote for an article on dzone for example [2] you can
just enter your openid and voila. When I do that though, my name ends
up being "blogs.sun.com/bblfish". It would be great if they followed
the foaf file to get a better one, or to fill in a form and give me
the choice.

Henry

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/openid_for_blogs_sun_com
     and http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/http_openid_sun_com_bblfish
[2] http://www.dzone.com/links/the_limitations_of_json.html

On 19 Jul 2007, at 10:47, sonagi.kim wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am happy to inform that http://int.ere.st is launching. The main
> objective of int.ere.st is to demonstrate how Semantic Web and Web2.0
> technologies can be combined to provide better metadata creating and
> sharing support across online communities. With int.ere.st, you can
> save, tag and bookmark your own as well as others' SCOT ontologies.
> The tag meta search allows you to look for similar patterns of tagging
> of persons with their interest based on tags. Various functionalities
> are given as following:
> -	various tag search: and(&), or(space), co-occurrence(+), broader(>),
> and narrower(<)
> -	User search
> -	Meta tagging
> -	Resource search
> -	Ontology bookmark
> -	Integrate tagged data across communities
> -	Share FOAF, SIOC, and SCOT ontologies

You mean files that use the ontologies, right. I think of an ontology
as the class diagrams, not the instances that use them
(but I may be wrong)