[foaf-dev] Tutorial on "How to publish Linked Data on the Web" released

Tom Heath tom.heath at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:38:54 BST 2007

Hi folks,

Those of you not on the main Semantic Web discussion lists may have
missed the following announcement, included below.

In summary, the tutorial explains (with recipes) how to go beyond
hosting (collections of) individual RDF documents on the Web to fully
interlinking these data items to form a Web of Data, according to
current best practices. Looked at it another way it's a beginners
guide to publishing data on the Semantic Web (emphasis on the "Web").

Of particular interest to the FOAF community is the Linked Data
emphasis on replacing bNodes with URIrefs; particularly relevant in
light of the recent changes to the FOAF spec.

For those people newer to the FOAF and RDF worlds (particularly total
FOAF newbies), or who have a FOAF file but want to join in the Linked
Data fun, there's a sub tutorial in Appendix B introducing Linked Data
concepts from a FOAF-perspective.

As Chris says in the mail below, feedback very much welcomed.

Cheers,

Tom.