[foaf-dev] FOAF/SIOC/ExpertFinder coordination meeting?

Axel Polleres axel.polleres at deri.org
Fri Jun 1 13:17:38 BST 2007

Dear all,

I was thinking of organizing a coordination meeting in Innsbruck on
FOAF/SIOC/ExpertFinder to discuss planned next steps of these
initiatives and get a bit more "spin" into the ExpertFinder initiative
(http://www.rdfweb.org/topic/ExpertFinder) again.

ExpertFinder sees itself in a role to complement efforts like FOAF and
SIOC and wants to provide the “glue” to plug together missing existing
and vocabularies for getting a more complete picture to tackle problems
especially in the domain of personal profile annotation and expert
finding. We have in mind to do so, mainly by integration with the Rules
and SPARQL world, in a very much down-to-earth/bottom-up approach.

Note that there is also a workshop organized by the ExpertFinder
initiative approaching, to be held at ISWC in Korea, more information is
available at:
    http://fews.semanticweb.org/

Still, it would be good to get together with people around already in
Innsbruck to discuss ideas.

If there is interest in such a meeting, I would propose June 6th
evening/afternoon with people who are around in Innsbruck
for ESWC. Please let me know about interest/availability and I will set
up details!

best regards,
Axel
--