[foaf-dev] Can OpenID identify a person

Benjamin Nowack bnowack at appmosphere.com
Thu Jun 7 13:28:54 BST 2007

(CCing David Recordon)

On 07.06.2007 12:48:48, Dan Brickley wrote:
>Should we consider adding foaf:openID or some OnlineAccount machinery,
>so that a person's OpenID URI is extractable from RDF eg by sparql? How
>deep to go into this? Would at least need to handle multiple accounts
>(easy) and delegation relationships (harder). Much else?
I've been in lo(o)se contact with the OpenID folks about putting
a little RDF spec on their server to give us stable terms for
the two OpenID autodiscovery props. The spec's done but not online
yet. The OpenID HTML encoding is fully eRDF/GRDDL-friendly, so it'd
be trivial to expose the information to RDF agents (all that's
missing is an agreed-on schema for the "openid" prefix).

David, any news wrt to publishing the file or should we approach
the problem from the FOAF side instead?

Cheers,
Ben

--