[foaf-dev] FOAF-based whitelisting project

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater at ncc.com
Sun Mar 11 00:50:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 00:22 +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> using FOAF-based trust networks for whitelisting email.
> <...>
> Importantly, I want to build it using the most basic data,
> really identifying people, context-dependant trust

You might want to take a look at mod_virgule, the software used to
implement www.advogato.org and robots.net, and a few other community
sites. It includes a trust metric system and trusted members of the
community now have FOAF files as part of their profile.

If nothing else, I'd be happy to modify mod_virgule to submit trusted
user's FOAF data to whatever sort of repository your anti-spam system
will use. Or is it more of a distributed system where you'll just direct
spamassassin to the source of the FOAF file?

-Steve