[foaf-dev] FOAF-based whitelisting project

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Tue Mar 13 02:15:55 UTC 2007

R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 00:22 +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
>> using FOAF-based trust networks for whitelisting email. =

>> <...>
>> Importantly, I want to build it using the most basic data,
>> really identifying people, context-dependant trust
> =

> You might want to take a look at mod_virgule, the software used to
> implement www.advogato.org and robots.net, and a few other community
> sites. It includes a trust metric system and trusted members of the
> community now have FOAF files as part of their profile.
> =

> If nothing else, I'd be happy to modify mod_virgule to submit trusted
> user's FOAF data to whatever sort of repository your anti-spam system
> will use. Or is it more of a distributed system where you'll just direct
> spamassassin to the source of the FOAF file? =

> =

I noticed that Advogato's foaf files don't have mbox_sha1sum values,
which will be necessary for whitelisting to work for email.

You can submit FOAF (or any RDF files) to http://pingthesemanticweb.com/
whenever one is updated.  PTSW is essentially a clearinghouse for RDF
documents.  I imagine we'll use it sooner or later.

-- =

Dave Brondsema : dave at brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming