[foaf-dev] web of trust, openid and foaf

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Thu Sep 20 10:55:33 BST 2007

Story Henry wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2007, at 00:20, Peter Williams wrote:

> The openid relation was added very recently, and has not yet made it
> into the html version. That will have to wait for the next version -
> 0.10 I suppose.

Yup, I need to regen the spec to include it.

I was wondering this yesterday: what comes after 0.9? the "0.10"
approach I always find counter intuitive. But I can't claim to care much
between the two.

I lean towards them being simply numbers, so we'll have a 0.91; then a
0.92 or 0.95 depending on the size of the change.

Feedback on foaf:openid was overwhelmingly positive, and there's a draft
  spec fragment in the CVS already - http://xmlns.com/foaf/doc/openid.en

It could do with a bit of polish but is pretty much there.

There is RDF in the index.rdf file already for openid:

   <rdf:Property rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/openid"
vs:term_status="unstable" rdfs:label="openid" rdfs:comment="An OpenID
for an Agent.">
     <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty"/>

     <rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/isPrimaryTopicOf"/>
     <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#InverseFunctionalProperty"/>
     <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Agent"/>
     <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Document"/>
     <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/"/>
   </rdf:Property>

When the prose goes into the spec, I'll amend "unstable".

I had another suggestion for next rev... will send separate mail.

cheers,