[foaf-dev] FOAF pathfinder code: anyone care to update it? (Ruby, Java)

Morten Høybye Frederiksen morten at wasab.dk
Thu Apr 3 14:08:51 BST 2008

Hey,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:
>  Here's the core Squish query I used:
>  SELECT ?mbox1, ?mbox2, ?uri,
>  WHERE
>  (foaf::depiction ?x ?img)
>  (foaf::depiction ?z ?img)
>  (foaf::thumbnail ?img ?uri)
>  (foaf::mbox ?x ?mbox1)
>  (foaf::mbox ?z ?mbox2)
>  USING foaf for http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/
I have run a similar query against my depiction store, replacing
foaf:mbox with foaf:mbox_sha1sum (and weeding out duplicates by
requiring ?x > ?z), resulting in 1542 image URIs depicting 335
distinct persons (28650 codepictions). From my reading of the code, it
shouldn't matter that the nodes are literals instead of URIs.

You can find the output at the following one-op (!) SPARQL end point:
http://www.wasab.dk/morten/2008/04/codep.srx (9M)

Finding out who is represented by each of the sha1sums is left as en
exercise for the linked data enthusiast... :)

Regards,
Morten