[foaf-dev] Re: 'Interested In' field

Alexandre Passant alex at passant.org
Tue Apr 8 11:20:45 BST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Anthony Steele
<anthony.steele13 at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>  > From: Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org>
>

>  >  have an extra construct which relates a
>  > person to a 'Group' definition.
>
>  Hello
>
>  Vaguely related to that, I am interested in modelling friend relationships in categories.
>
>  e.g.
>  Andrew is my colleague
>  Bill is a colleague and a social contact
>  Carl is a social contact and is family
>
>  So it's a many-to-many relationship.
>
>  Livejournal keeps this kind of data internally, but does not expose it via FOAF.
>
>  Is there a way to represent this data in FOAF at present? #

Have a look at the RELATIONSHIP vocabulary [1].
It provides subproperties of foaf:knows to define this kind of relationships, eg

:me rel:colleagueOf :Andrew

In case you need more properties, you can extend it regarding your
needs (and discuss here I think, in case you think some might be added
in the vocabulary, as "has family relationship with").

Best,

Alex.

[1] http://vocab.org/relationship/