[foaf-dev] FOAF AutoDiscovery vs RDF AutoDiscovery

Uldis Bojars captsolo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 02:47:34 BST 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Sergey Chernyshev
> I've implemented FOAF profiles on Ardorado.com using Semantic MediaWiki's
> (SMW) importing functionality and it works pretty good - all the right
> triples are created and stuff:
>
> http://www.ardorado.com/User:Sergey_Chernyshev - HTML profile page

> tag to indicate corresponding RDF representation. The problem here is that
> none of the FOAF tools I saw around were able to find RDF for profile pag=
es.

Semantic Radar extension for Firefox [1] detects this and most other
RDF autodiscovery links. I am one of the authors of this extension and
looking forward to feedback and suggestions.

It also is capable of notifying PingTheSemanticWeb indexing service of
the RDF content discovered (you may have to enable the pinging option
for this to work).

A more in-depth description can be found in a paper "An Architecture
to Discover and Query Decentralized RDF Data", available online at the
SFSW 2007 workshop site [2].

[1] http://sioc-project.org/firefox
[2] http://www.semanticscripting.org/SFSW2007/#program

P.S. Attached is a fragment of a screenshot showing the RDF content
detected on your user page.

Uldis

[ http://captsolo.net/ ]