[foaf-dev] FOAF AutoDiscovery vs RDF AutoDiscovery

Sergey Chernyshev foaf-devlist at antispam.sergeychernyshev.com
Wed Apr 30 05:01:40 BST 2008

Thanks, Uldis, it's great to see that Radar is doing this as I expected.
Maybe I use an old version or there are some issues with my browser, but it
doesn't display a triple icon on that page although it sends a ping and a
request to sparql endpoint (which returns 404). I wonder if my robots.txt
that uses unofficial "Allow" clause might be causing it.

             Sergey

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Uldis Bojars <captsolo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Sergey Chernyshev
> > I've implemented FOAF profiles on Ardorado.com using Semantic
> MediaWiki's
> > (SMW) importing functionality and it works pretty good - all the right
> > triples are created and stuff:
> >
> > http://www.ardorado.com/User:Sergey_Chernyshev - HTML profile page
>
> > tag to indicate corresponding RDF representation. The problem here is
> that
> > none of the FOAF tools I saw around were able to find RDF for profile
> pages.
>
> Semantic Radar extension for Firefox [1] detects this and most other
> RDF autodiscovery links. I am one of the authors of this extension and
> looking forward to feedback and suggestions.
>
> It also is capable of notifying PingTheSemanticWeb indexing service of
> the RDF content discovered (you may have to enable the pinging option
> for this to work).
>
> A more in-depth description can be found in a paper "An Architecture
> to Discover and Query Decentralized RDF Data", available online at the
> SFSW 2007 workshop site [2].
>
> [1] http://sioc-project.org/firefox
> [2] http://www.semanticscripting.org/SFSW2007/#program
>
> P.S. Attached is a fragment of a screenshot showing the RDF content
> detected on your user page.
>
> Uldis
>
> [ http://captsolo.net/ ]

-- =