[foaf-dev] Privacy in FOAF

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Wed Aug 6 10:14:30 BST 2008

Thanks Oliver :-)

Also if you publish your foaf inside a firewall, then only people
inside that firewall can access it. So that is very similar to
protection intranet web pages have, such as your company name finder
web site for example. That may be enough for many (most>) use cases.

So if you gave everyone inside your firewall a foaf name, and allowed
them to publish owl:sameAs to their external foaf, you could already
do some very interesting things that are not possible to do with ldap.

Henry