[foaf-dev] Privacy in FOAF

Hailton Sales hailton.sales at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 21:45:56 BST 2008

Hello everyone,

   I think this question is very interesting.
   Yesterday I was told about a new service on the web that promises
revolucionize the Social Networks with an *unrevealed *(anyone here knows
about that?), protocol that I know nothing about, you can see that "new
service" here: http://chi.mp/

  I think this community has already stated something considering topics
like "RDFAuth", but what do you think about a specific protocol for
descentralized Social Networks, something with the same intentions like
CHI.MP but more open?

  Could you considerer a Resource-Oriented Social Network ou Really Open
Social Network, something totally RESTful, where the *FOAF URI* is the
buzzword?
  Using GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, HEAD http methods and HTTPS principles, we
could build a new protocol to achieve the same objects that http://chi.mp
intends, but in this case the "community" would be included in the
definitions.

  What do we have in moment about a foaf live? Do we have a standard
protocol to handle a FOAF in a REST-manner?