[foaf-dev] FOAF Wiki OpenID is broken

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Thu Aug 21 09:30:35 BST 2008

Earle Martin wrote:
> 2008/8/20 Sergey Chernyshev <foaf-devlist at antispam.sergeychernyshev.com
> <mailto:foaf-devlist at antispam.sergeychernyshev.com>>
>
>     I'm using myopenid.net <http://myopenid.net> and my browser gets
>     redirected there and then back, but verification fails on MediaWiki
>     side.
>

> Same here. I actually get the same issue at identi.ca
> <http://identi.ca>, which I believe is using the same underlying OpenID
> library, so I suspect that's where the problem is. I'm CCing this to
> Evan Prodromou, the author, in case he has any ideas... Evan?

Thanks for that. It would be great to get to the bottom of this. Has
anyone else here got the latest version of MediaWiki + OpenID running on
a Dreamhost-hosted site?

In other more interesting news (if anyone responds on this, please tweak
Subject: line), not sure if everyone saw this:

http://wiki.foaf-project.org/_users.rdf

...it's an occasionally-updated list of the OpenID URIs that are
registered in the FOAF wiki. Idea being that we could use this kind of
Group description as a tool for filtering, finding, linking. In general
I think the use of Group-descriptions is under-explored, and that many
of the things people expect to do with strongly-typed interpersonal
links ('best-friend','coworker' etc) may be better handled with Groups.
Some more notes on this over here:
http://danbri.org/words/2008/01/22/260 (which explores some other ideas
about using SPARQL to generate data; somewhat in RIF/OWL territory though).

cheers,

http://danbri.org/