[foaf-dev] Google Social Graph API and SGFoo

Dan Brickley danbrickley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:30:18 GMT 2008

This just out,  http://code.google.com/apis/socialgraph/docs/api.html
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/02/01/googles-gathers-social-graph-information-from-the-web-launches-api/

The timing perhaps prompted by http://sgfoocamp08.pbwiki.com/FrontPage
, a gathering hosted by O'Reilly that I'm attending. I've mentioned
this in IRC but forgot to say here.

The Google API looks like a step in a very interesting direction. Of
course it will be possible to think of many things it doesn't yet do,
but I encourage everyone here to have a think about simple, practical
and useful incremental improvements to it. We can do a lot more eg.
with full SPARQL access, but proving full SPARQL to the aggregation of
the planet's public FOAF/XFN data isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Interesting times :)

cheers,