[foaf-dev] FOAF:dateOfBirth

reto at gmuer.ch reto at gmuer.ch
Sun Feb 10 22:08:38 GMT 2008

I'm not sure about the parent-thing. I don't think there is quite a difference between the properties.

It might be useful to distinguish
- the point in time of the birth, the precision can be arbitrary (if expressed in utc may be another date than official birthday)
- the date of birth without timezone as used in official documents
- annual birthday anniversary, this is independent of the year of birth but might be based on lunar instead of solar calendar. If the date if Februar 29th it can contain an indication on how it is to be handled in non-leap years.

reto