[foaf-dev] The foaf:knows semantic, symetry and subclasses

Olivier GENDRIN o.gendrin at novactive.com
Fri Jul 25 14:16:07 BST 2008

> perhaps a better name for the relationship would be
>
> rel:influencedBy where
>
> ?a rel:influencedBy ?b .
>
> implies that ?b created some content that required
> interpretation, and that was interpreted by ?a, where ?a and
> ?b are agents.

Oh that's a nice proposition, could be usefull to express artistic
influences. But I so disagree with "some content that required
interpretation" : no need to interpret to be influenced...

?a rel:influencedBy ?b implies that ?b created some content that has been
inspiritional/of some influence/... to ?a.