[foaf-dev] [Fwd: [FriendFeed] Re: FOAF tweaks]

Simon Reinhardt simon.reinhardt at koeln.de
Fri May 9 12:51:32 BST 2008

Julian Bond wrote:
> Friendfeed profiles are pretty thin but they've got email
> addresses. Could they put in mbox_sha1sum?

That's a potential privacy threat and should not be used without allowance of the user IMO. But how do you explain that to users?

> With no IFPs it makes it
> impossible to smush. But then with the rise of rel=me and
> foaf:accountProfilePage are we supposed to use all of them to do smushing?

Btw, I still don't see why we would want foaf:accountProfilePage when foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf does exactly that. The only semantical difference here is that the document linked to is a profile page (and you could set the domain to foaf:OnlineAccount) - but that should be clear from the context. Should it ever be included in the spec nonetheless then please at least make it a sub-property of foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf.

Simon