[foaf-dev] FOAF sites offline during cleanup

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:17:26 CEST 2009

2009/4/26 Peter Krantz <peter.krantz at gmail.com>:
> Hijacking this thread back to the original topic:
>
> How can we help? Two important areas to start working with:
>
> 1. How to get your servers back online in a clean uninfected state and,
>
> 2. how do we provide security recommendations for people who publish
> semweb data online?
>
> Anyone who is willing to help out?

Afraid I can't help with the immediate cleanup (a-travelling this
week), but longer-term I'd love to get something sorted for vocab
namespace mirroring.

I'm guessing the essentials will be covered by a handful of static
docs - and I don't expect they get that much bandwidth hammer. So what
about a little cron job (wget?) for these things, and if the vocab
maintainer's site is compromised for whatever reason, they can tweak
DNS and have the substitute in place while things get sorted. Mirror
listing could go on a Wiki (ESW?), along perhaps with comprehensive
details of attacks experienced (ok danbri, a quick text note with
salient points).

Cheers,
Danny.

--