[foaf-dev] strawpoll: migrate from foaf:holdsAccount to foaf:account?

Toby Inkster tai at g5n.co.uk
Mon Aug 24 22:42:58 CEST 2009

On 22 Aug 2009, at 18:37, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> I'll repeat my POV that the URI of an account
> homepage -- e.g., http://twitter.com/cygri -- is a good URI for the
> account itself.

I don't agree with this. Consider:

	<#danbri>
		foaf:account
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri/> ,
			<http://www.flickr.com/people/danbri/> .

Each triple is an entirely sensible in its own right. So how many
accounts does danbri have on Flickr? The two URIs represent something
which is logically the same account, but it certainly wouldn't be
right to assert:

	<http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri>
		owl:sameAs
			<http://www.flickr.com/people/danbri> .

As another point, if foaf:account is defined to link to an account
homepage, then how does it differ from foaf:homepage? Why would the
property even be needed at all?

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>