[foaf-dev] Foaf HTML specification inaccessible if one has rdf in Accept headers

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Tue Dec 1 11:26:33 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Nicholas J Humfrey <njh at aelius.com> wrote:
> This is a fairly common problem that often relates to the limitations
> of mod_rewrite and not being able to deal with Accept header priorities.
>
> The W3C recommend using mod_rewrite:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-vocab-pub/
>
> But there must be a better solution (without using a scripting
> language like PHP?) Perhaps a new Apache module or mod_rewrite patch/
> improvement?

I'm open to suggestions, and now is a good time to fix this. The new
spec will use HTML/RDFa but also conneg to pure RDF/XML (ie. we're
dropping the embedded RDF/XML aspect).

Does swbp-vocab-pub give everything I need for a slash-based
namespace? Anyone care to help test this before I screw up the live
site? :)

cheers,