[foaf-dev] FOAF spec next revision

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:44:40 CET 2009

HI All

I was talking to Libby recently about the FOAF revision coming up and she
asked me to share with the list a spreadsheet I've been working on.

It's regarding alignment of FOAF, VCard, Portable Contacts (PoCo) [1] etc.
It's mainly taken from the list Harry made, but I've had a quick stab at
adding some elements.

The sheet is editable and you can add comments on a per row basis, so please
feel free:

http://tables.googlelabs.com/DataSource?dsrcid=93156/93156

Libby suggested that we try and identify on the list, some 'easy wins',
which perhaps Dan would take into consideration, for the next revision
(which i understand will be relatively minor)

We have some inconsistency of naming in the name field: givenname,
family_name, fullName (and in vcard) given-name

I would suggest aligning to PoCo the following fields

givenname -> givenName
family_name -> familyName

And as a maybe

title -> honorificPrefix