[foaf-dev] FOAF spec next revision

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Tue Dec 1 22:22:11 CET 2009

Hi!

Nice to see this effort!

I have one comment on the side of what you are bringing up.

I'd like a
foaf:personalPhone rdfs:subPropertyOf foaf:phone ;
 			a owl:InverseFunctionalProperty .

For many practical purposes, the phone that I carry around at all times,
has a number that uniquely identifies me, and I think this could be very
useful, so I'm hoping this is a property that could be added to FOAF. The
mobile phone of people is one of the main identifying properties I have, so
it would be very useful for smushing.

I have another comment on this:
On Tuesday 1. December 2009 15:44:40 Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I would suggest aligning to PoCo the following fields
>
> givenname -> givenName
> family_name -> familyName

FOAF has been used as normative reference in some specs, and I think we
should check carefully that we're not breaking anything. POWDER, for
example, uses it, but mentions only foaf:name, so the above should be okay
from that perspective, but it needs to be discussed outside of foaf-dev, I
think.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--