[foaf-dev] FOAF and vCard mixing together

Toby Inkster tai at g5n.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 10:53:48 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 23:00 +0000, Keith Alexander wrote:
> Is <#me> a foaf:Person , vcard:VCard . sensible ?

Ah, the eternal question. A person *is* a vcard, or *has* a vcard?

Without better guidance in the vCard ontology (which is being revised at
the moment, though I don't think we're getting a definitive answer on
this one just yet) as to what exactly a vcard:VCard is, I don't think it
can be answered definitively.

Personally I tend to think of a vcard:VCard as being "something that has
a set of contact information". Thus a person can be a vcard, and also
have one or more other vcards (essentially personas).

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>