[foaf-dev] FOAF from social apps - tools?

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:57:32 CET 2009

I want to rebuild/update my foaf:Profile, and naturally have used
foaf-a-matic to get started, and a bit of manual tweaking.

But it'll be long-winded to add the foaf:knows in either of these ways
- what is around these days for getting a FOAF dump from gmail,
twitter, facebook etc? I'm sure it would be easier to get one of those
& weed it down rather than build something up.

Incidentally, I'm sure this has come up before but memory fails - what
of a foaf:follows property? Something a lot weaker than foaf:knows,
but potentially useful in reputation kind of things.

I can imagine having a core profile, with say 50 foaf:knows in there,
rdfs:seeAlso'd to RDF dumps from the social apps with perhaps 1000's
of foaf:follows.

Cheers,
Danny.

--