[foaf-dev] Proposal: deprecate pastProject and currentProject

Libby Miller libby at nicecupoftea.org
Sat Dec 12 22:04:39 CET 2009

hi all,

I've being reading through the foaf spec and I want to make the
following proposal: deprecate pastProject and currentProject.

My reasoning is that they are nearly unused - I found only 179 and 648
usages respectively when I looked through Sindice reasonably recently:

http://planb.nicecupoftea.org/2009/09/08/163/

I'm concerned also at the inclusion of time in the description of the
property name, which is different to the 'present tense' form of the
rest of the properties.

Any thoughts? I'm wondering why they are not used much. Are they not
useful? or is it that they have not been picked up by any large
exporters but are useful to people making their own files? or perhaps
marking something as unstable isn't much encouragement for people to
use it?

Anyone care to make a counter-proposal?

thanks,

Libby