[foaf-dev] Proposal: deprecate pastProject and currentProject

KANZAKI Masahide mkanzaki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 02:56:41 CET 2009

Hi!

I use both pastProject and currentProject in my FOAF, and will miss
them if deprecated.

> I'm concerned also at the inclusion of time in the description of the
> property name, which is different to the 'present tense' form of the
> rest of the properties.

Well, that's a naming lesson. Though many 'present tense' properties,
e.g. homepage or mbox, are not suitable to describe old ones, but
that's an inherent problem of RDF itself...

> Any thoughts? I'm wondering why they are not used much. Are they not
> useful?

Maybe people do not come up with the idea to use 'project' in their
profile, because there is no corresponding field in SNS ?

cheers,
--
@prefix : <http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/sig#> . <> :from [:name
"KANZAKI Masahide"; :nick "masaka"; :email "mkanzaki at gmail.com"].