[foaf-dev] Proposal: deprecate pastProject and currentProject

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Sun Dec 13 14:14:18 CET 2009

I think we need a wiki on best practices for using foaf, which show how one can use it with different Ontologies.

So +1 for links from people to foaf:Projects, where a project is something that is an Event (which can last over a long period of time), has a subject matter (and homepages perhaps), and is a project by a person or group, with the aim of doing something. Projects have a beginning, and can have an end, as events do.

With deprecated email addresses we could start with a class of out of use mboxes. I don't believe mbox reuse is very wide. If it were we would need a relation from agents to mbox time spans. That is useful for example when reading mail, and wishing to tie that email to a foaf:Agent. Currently in my Apple AddressBook, if someone stops using an email I keep it with the person but change the relation from "work" to "old". So then when I search old emails I can still see the pictures pop up in Mail.app.