[foaf-dev] FOAF spec updated

Libby Miller libby at nicecupoftea.org
Tue Dec 15 19:12:23 CET 2009

These are the changes made:

	• terms: foaf:Agent owl:equivalentClass with Dublin Core terms
namespace 'Agent'; similarly foaf:maker and 'creator' from DC. These
use the most modern http://purl.org/dc/terms/ namespace
	• editorial: added note about the use of 'archaic'
	• editorial: added a paragraph on changes in this version
	• terms: family_name marked as archaic; replaced with familyName
	• terms: marked fundedBy as archaic
	• terms: marked givenname as archaic; replaced with givenName
	• terms: marked holdsAccount as archaic; replaced with account
	• terms: changed myersBriggs from incorrect objectProperty to
datatypeProperty
	• terms: added openId into the rdf/xml version (it was present in the
dated version but not in index.rdf)
	• terms: marked theme as archaic
	• editorial: fixed outdated references to RDF/XML
	• editorial: updated acknowledgements
	• terms: added text about terms used in foaf not in the foaf namespace
	• editorial: fixed links and stray references to rdfweb-dev and #rdfig
	• editorial: fixed rdfweb.org blog links (now pointing at archive.org
where possible)
	• editorial: fixed links to the wiki (stray /w/)
	• editorial: fixed internal link to sec-glance
	• editorial: fixed copyright date to 2009

We went for low-hanging fruit and focused on getting the toolset in a
more useful state. We expect to do another revision in the near future
(you wait two years for a rev and two come along at once!). There are
certainly things still needing work, and quite likely bugs around the
mechanics of publication (content negotiation, redirects etc.). But
we're happy to have this thing moving again!

The issues page is updated: http://wiki.foaf-project.org/w/IssueTracker#Recent

Libby and Dan