[foaf-dev] Updated Wordpress OpenID trust exporter - any Wordpress/PHP experts interested?

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Tue Dec 29 15:53:56 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Melvin Carvalho
<melvincarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > Following up on http://danbri.org/words/2009/10/25/504 ('Syndicating
>> > trust? Mediawiki, Wordpress and OpenID')
>> [snip]
>> ( full mail is at
>> http://lists.foaf-project.org/pipermail/foaf-dev/2009-December/009962.html
>> )
>>
>> OK, I've built this. My first wordpress plugin in 5 years, so it's a bit
>> rough.
>>
>> See http://danbri.org/words/network for its output.
>>
>> The plugin is configured (ok, hardcoded) to run only in certain
>> Wordpress pages. It assumes that whatever theme you use has been
>> suitably adjusted to declare RDFa DTD, and xmlns:foaf url. Then at the
>> page footer it emits a pretty crude list of all the OpenID URLs that
>> have been trusted in the blog commenting system.
>>
>> I'm not sure quite the best RDF idioms here. I know some folk want
>> URIs for everything, and I have tried to accomodate that while also
>> living with the potentially dynamic nature of the data: each
>> 'foaf:Agent' that holds one of these trusted OpenID URIs is listed as
>> a member of a foaf:Group, and I also generate it a local-to-my-site
>> URI by hashing the openid. Since I am declaring URIs within an RDFa
>> setting, I am experimenting here with the idiom of using '#!foo' to
>> make it clear that these are not expected to clash with names assigned
>> in HTML. I'll append the output of the 'getN3' RDFa parser
>> (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/impl/js/) below.
>
> Looks good!  I've added openid and f2f/f2f.php to my blog.  Is there a
> snippet for /network ?

What I did initially was create a new "Page" object from within
Wordpress, called Network and with /network as its path. Unfortunately
this will show up on your menus etc. There are plugins that can
suppress this, but the real answer is to find someone who knows
wordpress properly who can suggest how the code should really expose
itself via URLs. On Ed Summers' blog, marking the page 'draft' seems
to work ok as a way of hiding it from menus; on mine it also seemed to
work but when parsing with rdflib it seemed to see 404 for some
reason.

Sorry it's a bit rough edged! Will be nice to have it on 3+ blogs for
testing. Trying to write the sparql now to find out who has commented
on both Ed and my blogs...