[foaf-dev] how to declare that foaf+ssl should be used?

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Jul 16 17:42:34 CEST 2009

what is a suitable means to indicate that one SHOULD use foaf+ssl when accessing a given resource?

we know we can access the PPD associated with an webid using foaf+ssl (where resolving the trust chain between the requesting and resourcing parties is delegating to sparql graph queries, where the self-signed SSL client cert identifies and locates the foaf file of the requesting party).

And, we know that any anchored resource in that foaf file can be addressed. For example,  a particular membershipClass. But, I need to be able to express "by some means" that foaf+ssl MUST be used when retrieving that membershipClass graph from the foaf file identified by the WebID.

The method should be general. Not only should it apply to accessing anchored graphs from a foaf file, but it should be able to denote that foaf+ssl is the required access method for any URI-identified resources (for which the guard agent has a foaf file).